Individual and Family Support
Having good mental health involves knowing about and accessing resources in your community. Individual and Family Support is a provincially funded program at the Canadian Mental Health Association that works to connect people to the tools they need to maintain their mental wellness and to recover from a mental health issue. We aim to support individuals and their families through:
- Support and Education Programs
- CMHA’s Family Program: Finding Hope and Building Strength; an 8-week course for people with a loved one who has a mental illness. For more information, click HERE.
- Your Recovery Journey; a 5-week course to help people with a mental illness move towards recovery. For more information, click HERE.
- Living Life to the Full; an 8-week course to help people take control of their thoughts, feelings and behaviours to start feelings better today. For more information, click HERE.
- Self-Help Groups
- Please call (902) 628-1648 for information about a self help group that would fit your needs.
- Contact us if you are interested in starting your own group.
- Contact us if you would like us to promote your existing group.
- A Resource Library
- Free access to books, videos, and brochures about mental health and mental illness. For more information, click HERE.
- Offered on a variety of topics to help build awareness and educate the public about mental health and mental illness. For more information, click HERE.
Looking for something that you can’t find? Contact us!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call 1-902-628-1648 or toll free at 1-800-682-1648