Mental Health Works
This full-day workshop is a learning experience that enables managers to deal with the complex issues of discussing mental illness with employees, separating performance issues from health issues, creating accommodation strategies that work, and avoiding discrimination and human rights violations. It is offered as a practical and interactive multi-media presentation, delivered only by CMHA-certified trainers.
Active Learning Format
- Discussions and exercises allow participants to reflect on specific workplace situations related to mental health and develop appropriate and clear solutions.
- Video clips illustrate the challenges faced by managers and provide common discussion points.
- Participants will hear from employees who experience mental illness in the workplace. They share their stories on video: how they live and work with mental illness, and trategies that help them maintain productivity.
The Mental Health Works Participant Guide, included with the training, will enable managers to develop clear strategies to:
- Improve early detection rates
- Identify challenges to addressing mental illness in your workplace
- Clarify procedures and identify available resources
- Understand what affects employee motivation and performance
- Develop accommodations that work
- Review and reduce mental health risk factors
- Reduce likelihood of human rights violations and discrimination complaints
In addition, managers will develop a new comfort level when discussing the issues of mental illness in the workplace.
Before a workshop, we complete a pre-presentation interview to discuss your organization’s policies and requirements to tailor the workshop to your specific workplace situation and needs. Organizations who require more extensive consultation can purchase this service separately. This could include reviewing current cases, establishing protocol, or customizing the workshops for different departments.
Other Related Services
Follow-up workshops for managers to focus and expand upon issues such as developing accommodations that work, communicating about mental health issues, and reducing risk factors for mental health problems in the workplace.
Workshops for employees that help to create a better work environment by dispelling myths and stereotypes, exploring employee rights in balance with employee responsibilities, and ideas for working with mental illness.
To book your training or for more information, please see our website at www.hra.ca or contact:
T: (902) 626-2512
Charlottetown, PE C1A 8R4
T: (902) 626-2509
Presented by HRA, in partnership with the Canadian Mental Health Association Divisions in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.