PARTICIPATE. FUNDRAISE. DONATE. #mentalhealthmatters
Watch as Stan Chaisson, four time winner and current record holder of the PEI Marathon, talks about what running does for his mental health. Learn about all the ways that you can help support CMHA-PEI when you sign up for this year’s marathon activities. From a 5K walk all the way to a full marathon, there’s something for everyone!
HISTORY OF CMHA’S INVOLVEMENT WITH THE MARATHON
In 2017 the Prince Edward Island Marathon partnered with the Murchison Foundation to help raise awareness and funds for mental health programs and services for Islanders. Over the next two years that partnership resulted in approximately $23,000 in donations to the Canadian Mental Health Association, PEI Division to expand its reach to include (but not limited to):
- Over 1,200 people receiving psycho-social rehabilitative programming
- 212 people receiving help in securing safe and affordable housing (there are still over 100 on the waiting list for this service)
- 385 people receiving employment services
- supporting over 40 self-help groups
- almost 12,000 people (children, youth, adults, teachers, coaches, counsellors and first responders) participating in education and training programs
- assisting hundreds of people in navigating mental health programs available in Prince Edward Island
MORE THAN A RACE – IT’S A CHANCE TO DO SOME GOOD
When you register for one of the many events happening during the PEI Marathon (October 20, 2019) you are provided with all kinds of opportunities to donate and/or fundraise.
- Online and in-person registrants will be prompted/asked to round up their registration fee to the nearest $5.00. The difference will go to CMHA-PEI.
- Online and in-person registrants will be prompted / asked if they would like to make a donation to CMHA-PEI. Tax receipts will be issued.
- Everyone who registers for the marathon is encouraged to fundraise for CMHA-PEI. As Stan points out in the above video – if a third of registrants raised $100 each, that would result in $90,000! We could do so much good with that!! Here are some tools available to help you with your fundraising journey.
- Everyone who registers online is automatically allotted a personal fundraising page. This is an online portal where you can create a profile, a fundraising goal and then share it via email, social media etc… Friends, family and colleagues who want to donate on your behalf are able to do so through a secure online process and they can choose to receive a tax receipt for their donation. You can register using Race Roster or Running Room. Click on the appropriate logo below for more information on setting up your online fundraising page.
- Prefer to kick it “old school”? You can download pledge forms, collect the cash, and then submit it to the PEI Marathon or CMHA-PEI offices by before race day, or drop it off when you pick up your race kit the weekend of the marathon. Tax receipts will be issued to all donors that provide their full mailing address (CRA rules).
- Because it feels good.
- All the money raised through participant donations and fundraising campaigns stays on PEI to support mental health research and programs on PEI.
- You could win back your registration fee just by fundraising! Here are the thresholds you need to reach per category:
- Full/Half Marathon – $300
- 10K Walk / Run – $200
- 5K Walk/Run – $100
- Participating in the Subaru of Charlottetown Corporate Relay? The top fundraising team will win 8 weekend passes to Cavendish Beach Music Festival 2020. They just won a Canadian of Country Music Award for best festival!
Visit www.peimarathon.ca to start the process!
Call Bianca at (902) 628-3668 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.