Hope Centre Clubhouse offers skill development opportunities and support to its members through their involvement in three main components of the clubhouse:
- Member Services
- Career Development
- Housekeeping/ Kitchen
Provides pre-employment training opportunities to aid in the development of transferable skills and to create opportunities for social activities among members.
- Member Advocacy (dental, medical, housing, financial, etc.)
- Newsletter and Flyer Production
- Statistics and Research
- Planning Social Outings
- Fundraising for Clubhouse Needs
Members of Hope Centre Clubhouse are encouraged to develop personalized education and employment plans. Members are supported in pursuing part-time, full-time, transitional and self-employment opportunities to meet their individual needs.
- Employment Counselling
- Job Search and Resume Assistance
- Transitional Employment Placements
- Education and Literacy Supports
- Skills Training and Volunteer Placements
- Ongoing Assistance while Working and Studying
- Pre-employment Skills Development
- Sessions on Self-esteem, Communication, Stress, Coping Skills, Managing Your Illness, etc.
- Cooking, Nutrition and Menu Planning
- Budgeting and Shopping
- Cash Register and Canteen Duties
- Bank Deposits and Balancing
- General Household Maintenance
- Plant Care and Landscaping
Monday to Friday, members have an opportunity to assist with preparing, cooking and serving lunch. Lunch is available to all members, staff and volunteers for $2 a meal.
Throughout the year, special meals are held for members and occasionally for members and their families. Special meals are usually prepared for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.
1 College Street – Box 537
Alberton, PE C0B 2B0
Tel: (902) 853-3871
Fax: (902) 853-3877